WordPress / PHP Developer
Located on the outskirts of Aylesbury and Leighton Buzzard, MSGD is a young, fast-paced creative agency that has seen steady growth since its founding. Our team consists of multidisciplinary designers and developers who work on a broad range of projects from small local businesses through to household names. Every day is different.
What We’re Looking For
- You’ll know WordPress inside out.
- Creating custom plugins and themes are where you’re most comfortable.
- You can take a visual design from the colouring-in department and create a fully functional site.
- Experience in cross-platform responsive behaviour. IE11 anyone?
- Comfortable with server migrations and DNS changes.
What We Don’t Want
- A theme-tweaker. We never use off-the-shelf, third-party themes. Ever. Everything is created from scratch.
- Sites rammed to the gills with plugins you’ve found in the WordPress repository. Most of the plugins on our client’s sites are created in-house to solve their specific needs. There are a few exceptions; come at us with which ones you think they should be.
- Positive self-starter who takes ownership of projects and deadlines.
- Exceptional organisation skills. Asana is your friend.
- Strong communication skills. You’ll have regular contact with clients. We like the personal approach, as do they. There’ll be no hiding behind email here.
Things You Should Know
- Business is thriving. As we grow, you’ll be given more responsibility and the chance to mentor newcomers.
- We’re a small company and things sometimes get hectic. You’ll be expected to roll your sleeves up and help out where necessary. Everyone answers the phone. Everyone gets a round in. No egos here.
- You’ll be an integral part of our projects. We won’t just hand you static designs and expect you to smash it out – we want your involvement, opinion and feedback. Know a better way of doing it? We’re all ears.
What You Get
- 3% pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Monthly team lunches
- A birthday duvet day
- The annual agency xmas do
- Regular team nights out (and in). Bring your Mario Kart skills.
- Healthy work/life balance
- Comfortable office environment with the latest tech and free onsite parking
- Did we mention office dog?
Full-time, permanent, based at our office in Wingrave.
£30,000 – £34,000
How to Apply
We’d like to see your CV and a selection of sites that you’re most proud of. Include some details about why you’ve chosen them and what you might think we’ll find interesting about them. If you have a thriving GitHub or StackOverflow account send us a link. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We respectfully ask that recruitment agencies do not contact us about this role.